Monday, June 17, 2013

Exam Worry

I get my exam results today. Yikes! As the Americans would say.
I know it's been less than a month since my final exam, but it feels much longer. Perhaps that's because I've been trying to block out the memories? I don't do well in exams. Stress. Time restraint. Hand formed into some misshapen type of claw. No, sir, exams and I do not mix.
Blocking it out is bogey for two reasons: a) you become complacent. When you block stuff out you forget the nightmare that it was, so you're lulled into the 'actually, come to think of it, I over reacted at the time. It wasn't that bad,' mind-frame. In reality it was that bad. Tears where stinging your eyes as you frantically turned the pages, checking front and back while your mind screams at you, 'there are only eight questions. And nothing about what you studied. There must be more. THERE MUST BE MORE!!! (Your mind sounding more and more like the girl in the Exorcist as you go.)
Then afterwards you ease yourself into the 'pfft! It was grand' area of thinking because you couldn't possibly continue to remember how bad it exactly was, because you'd never sleep again.
and b) admitting it to everyone. Oh, the embarrassment. The sheer embarrassment when you have to admit to everyone 'yeah, didn't do as good as I hoped.' You get the 'ha! Delighted! Little miss know-it-fecking-all doesn't know it all at all' smug look.

This is now my predicament. I don't want these results back! I did these past few days because I had myself convinced I did fine. The 'I did alright. Didn't do great, but definitely scraped a pass,' denial. My problem is I didn't do fine. At least, not on two of the six. I failed them. Like proper *chokes back tears* 'don't cry, don't cry, don't cry,' chanting to myself on the bus ride home.
I guess I'll just have to prep myself for the results. Some chocolate and a cold can of coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment