Monday, July 15, 2013

Oh! That Wily Rowling

So J.K Rowling has pulled a Barty Crouch Jr. on us all by going incognito as a crime fiction writer. Got to love that woman! Got to hate those douchebags who are currently savaging the rave reviews Robert Galbraith got for The Cuckoo's Calling!
Three things in life are guaranteed: Death. Taxes. And haters gonna hate.

I'm not going to pretend that I read and loved the book, as I saw one acquaintance do. (Siriusly, she's a right ol' Lockhart if ever there was one!) because the truth is that I'm not that much of a crime fiction fan. I only read those that come highly recommended by close friends. It's the Classics, Young Adult and History sections that I hoover around in libraries and bookshops.
But now The Cuckoo's Calling is calling. AND I MUST BUY. It's J.K Rowling AND Edinburgh.

I haven't blabbed on about Edinburgh in this blog. Yet. No doubt I will. But I adore that city above all else. All the places I've been hold some sort of happy/fond memories for me, even Lourdes *shudder* but Edinburgh is the one place I could see myself living, if ever I were to decide to leave Dublin.

Unfortunately, I can't get to a bookshop until tomorrow. And even then I doubt they'll have what I'm looking for. I'd well imagine the few copies Eason's stock would have been whipped off the shelves yesterday when the news broke. But hopefully by the weekend I'll manage to get a copy somewhere :)

P.S I do hope the copy I do manage to get has this cover

No comments:

Post a Comment