Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Botanic Gardens

One of my favourite places here in Dublin is the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin. I particularly love it on a warm sunny day. It's close to where we live so my friend and I decided to make good use the sunshine, and pay the Gardens a visit.


Last time we were there we chased some squirrels (not literally.) This time we followed a crane around the lily pond.
 

 
 
 

We said we'd return in the autumn, to the herb garden and its pumpkin patch. I love pumpkin patches, it makes up think I'm a side character in Hocus Pocus or some other American Halloween themed film/show.

The herb garden always comes complete with its own scarecrow. I christened this one Benedict Cumbercrow.

 
Apparently Glasnevin Cemetery, which is right next door, and the Gardens are going to be linked up. A connecting wall, or some sort of other.
I'm delighted. Two of my favourite places.
Look closely and you'll see one of the towers of the cemetery hidden between the trees. They're many of them along the walls, as they were used for the night-watchmen to keep an eye out against grave-robbers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment