Monday, August 12, 2013

Hush Hush Indeed

I wasn't much impressed with Hush Hush: The Graphic Novel. It was a simple case of the images of the characters - Nora seemed in some weird overly seductive poses. Patch constantly wore a baseball cap that made up look like a guy you'd call the police on if you saw him loiter around a playground.
I gave the graphic novel up as a lost cause, but still thought I'd give the novel a look-see sometime.
Well that time arrived in the form of the first two books for the bargain price of four euro. I didn't pass it up.
Now I am only like 38 pages in and all I can say WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THIS COACH GUY???
Seriously, what the hell? I hope it later mentions that he's under some sort of spell or some other excuse for his behaviour because there is no way in hell this man should be teaching.
Patch is, I can't even saying 'near enough' sexually harassing Nora because he basically is sexually harassing her. And he knows so. This isn't romantic. It's down right creepy. I would have a hard time not punching a guy who goes on like that (vulnerable that bitch!) to me.
But worse of all, Nora goes to an adult to complain and said adult does sweet f. a. That is not a good. Nor a good message to send out. If someone is harassing you and you complain to someone and they do nothing - GO OVER THEM UNTIL YOU ARE HEARD. You have the right to feel safe!
Urgh! I don't even know if I can continue because if this goes down the co-dependent/stalking dressed up as twue luv relationship route, I'm gonna be angry.

Hush Hush indeed. It seems a case of 'hush hush, say nothing because it's most likely just over-reaction on your part. But don't worry, when he eventually murders you in a case of "If I can't have you..." we'll take note of your earlier issue.'

No comments:

Post a Comment